1 ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Young Professional Development Society Nepal (YPDSN) is a nonprofit community based organization working towards professional development, youth and women empowerment, education and livelihood promotion. YPDSN aspires to improve the living conditions of the poor and marginalized by adopting strategies through community initiative, participation and sensitization. Founded in 2013, the organization has worked among backward communities in the interior unreached pockets of coastal Kathmandu, identified as one of the most under developed district in Nepal. Women self-help groups have been taken as the base for all interventions and livelihood activities enabling them to contribute towards mainstream development process.
We at YPDSN envision a society where women have the guaranteed opportunities of development that enables them exercise their right to education, health, livelihood and social security.
YPDSN is dedicated for uplifting the status of women especially those from the marginalized section of the society through various development initiatives.
1.3 LEGAL STATUS
Non-Profit, Non-Governmental Organization
1. Registered with Government of Nepal, Ministry of Home, District Administration Office, Kathmandu on January 16, 2014 under section (4) of organization registration Act, 2034 B.S. (1977 A.D.) with registration ID: 414/070/71
2. Registered with Government of Nepal, Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development, District Development Committee, Kathmandu on January 08, 2014 with registration ID: 591/070/71
3. Registered with Social Welfare Council, Kathmandu on January 21, 2014 under section 13 of Social Welfare Council Act, 2049 B.S. (1992 A.D.) with registration ID: 38571
4. Registered with Government of Nepal, Ministry of Finance, Inland Revenue Department, Kathmandu on January 21, 2014 with Permanent Account Number (PAN): 6016602555
• To promote community based organizations at grassroots level for sustainable development in rural and coastal areas.
• To provide livelihood promotion and social inclusion services to the poor and low income clients in rural and semi urban areas with innovative solutions.
• To promote value based education among children, women and youth for holistic development.
• To provide capacity building to various stakeholders and undertake evidence based research on various development themes.
• To work on various issues like HIV/AIDS prevention, Environment and Climate change.
• To network with Government, NGOs, and CBOs for advocacy and policy level changes.
To contribute to the improvement of young people’s lives through school and community based Education in response to sustainable skills. To empower both in and out of school youths with Vocational Skills and keeping them out of current dangers (HIV/AIDS, Early pregnancy), Breaking the York of vulnerability and having good working conducive environment to enable them obtain a successfully/desirable life so as to eradicate poverty in Nepal
YPDSN strives to improve the quality of life of the rural poor by strengthening their existing livelihood programs, initiative new activities to diversify and increase their income in the coastal areas among the fishing communities
• To develop community owned and managed institutions to sustain the livelihood activities
• To develop well trained and highly capable local service providers to provide timely support to the members
• To develop community based models for natural resource management in order to protect and use the resources for sustainable development
• To work in collaboration with the government and the industry along with non-government domestic and international development organizations
The mission of YPDSN/Nepal has been adopted as: To create sustainable and productive livelihoods for Nepalese young generation, with emphasis on using locally available resources, institute to institute partnership, policy change in favor of youth participation and adoption of technologies that foster economic and social development.